– Feed azalea’s as they finish flowering with Camellia, Azalea and gardenia Food.
– Continue to fertilize bulbs with Grow Better Liquid Fertiliser until all leaves completely die down.
– Top dress and fertilise lawns to increase growth and colour as they come out of winter dormancy in to their growth stage in spring. Use Donnelly’s blended soil or washed sand for this combined with lawn food.
– Now is a good time to plant lettuce seedlings as the warmer weather of Spring approaches.
– Now is the time to seed or lay instant turf. Put 100mm of Donnellys Blended soil underneath for good drainage and nutrient uptake for new lawns. Ensure both instant turf and grass seed is kept moist for the first couple of weeks until it establishes. Water twice a day if there is no rain and the night watering should be a longer deeper watering session.
– Prune spring flowering plants as their flowers have finished, to promote new growth and blooms.
– Feed all established fruit trees with a Complete fertiliser that contains high potassium for flower growth.
– Separate young bromeliad suckers from the mother plant when they are about one-third mature size.
– Spread Mulch over all Garden beds.
– Plant warm season vegetables such as beans, tomatoes, cucurbits and eggplant.